Thursday, February 14, 2013

An Everlasting Love

Maybe it's all the heart shaped candy and flowers, but I just couldn't get my mind off this verse today as I sat in God's presence.

...I have loved you with an everlasting love;
 therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. 
Jeremiah 31:3

 This was my daughter's memory verse for the week.  I sat in her bed saying the verse and she would repeat the words.   She knows little of love and faithfulness.  She doesn't realize the countless hearts that have been broken or the lives turned upside down by lies and broken promises.   Though I hate to admit it, one day she'll experience heartbreak and disappointment beyond me telling her she can't have more candy.  And maybe, just maybe, this verse will come to mind and become real to her.  Perhaps she'll realize that His love is enough.

Only God can love us perfectly.  Only He can satisfy.   The pain comes in seeking that love and satisfaction from anything or anyone other than Him.  

Chocolate gets eaten and flowers die, but God's love is everlasting.  His faithfulness continues.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment