Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hard Days

Some days are simply harder than others.  My amazing husband has been working some pretty crazy hours.  There is more work for me and I feel the drain from the lack of his presence at home.  I have a choice:  complain or cry out to the one whose presence never leaves me,

So I find myself crying out.  I learn to pray for my family as I fold their clothes.  Laying their lives at his throne as I lay their clothes in neat piles.  I intercede for husbands coworkers as I prepare a pizza for him to share.  Let them hunger for you and be filled, I pray.   

I seek to really live 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18:

Be joyful always.
Pray continually.
Give thanks in all things.
For this is the will of God concerning you.

Even on hard days.



No comments:

Post a Comment