Wednesday, December 18, 2013

When Gingerbread houses are finished

There are three little houses.  Carefully, small hands crafted the tiny homes.  They sit sweetly on a platter, tempting all who pass by.  Houses prepared during this busy season of shopping and baking.  Houses prepared with joy.  Houses prepared for pleasure.  Carefree.  Lighthearted.  Delightful. 

I remember the words of Jesus.

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.  John 15:1-3

Gingerbread houses are nice.  Heaven-bred houses are even better.  I remind myself to think about the sweet home Jesus is preparing for me every time I see a gingerbread house. 

Thank you Lord for the sweetness of this season.  Help me to remember you in the midst of it all.   The one who came.  The one who loves.  The one who gives.  I love your gentle, ginger reminders to keep you at the center of Christmas.   In Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment