Sunday, December 22, 2013

When you're stretched

Emotions.  Budgets.  Schedules.  Relationships.  They're all stretched in December.  I can't help but wonder, is it possible to get through the holidays without stretching?  It seems like no matter how hard I try to plan and prepare and slow down, I still feel stretched. 

Maybe it's the way God intended.  The first Christmas Mary, great with child, stretched.  Her abdomen swelled and stretched as she endured the discomfort of a pregnancy.  She was full of Christ.   Emmanuel.  God. With. Us. 

So as Christmas stretches, I can remember the first Christmas and the promise of Emmanuel.   I can choose to be full of Christ.

Lord, help me to be full of you today.  Empty me and fill me.  Stretch me.  Forgive me for forgetting I am full of your spirit.  In Jesus Name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment