Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy Endings, New Beginnings

2013 is winding down and a fresh new year is rolling in.  So did you do everything you wanted to do in 2013?  Did you soak in God's grace?  Did you listen carefully for his voice?  Did you complete the project?  Stop the bad habit?  New Year's Eve has always been a time for taking inventory.   What went well?  What was a disaster? 

Regardless of how 2013 began or ends, one thing remains.  God's goodness.  In hard times and in happy times, God is good.

Lamentations 3:22-23 says:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness. 


I love that God is faithful.  Whether I reached all my goals for 2013 or whether I blew it.  He is faithful.  Who knows what 2014 will bring?  Life is full of uncertainty.  Yet, I know that 2014 will be a year of unceasing love, unending mercy and undeserved faithfulness from my God. 

 I'm counting all the ways I was blessed in 2013 tonight.  What a way  to write a happy ending to end the year.

  Happy New Year.  Happy New Beginning.

Faithful God, I love you more with each passing year.  Thank you for the good, the bad and the ugly in 2013.  Most of all, thank you for being with me every step of the way.  Where would I be without you?  Give me eyes to see opportunities to extend your life and peace to others in 2014.  In Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment