Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Phillipians Prayer Points

While reading, I encountered a beautiful prayer written to the believers of Christ in Philippi around 61AD.

And this is my prayer:  that you love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ- to the glory and praise of God. 
 Philippians 1:9-11

I noticed five major points in this prayer.

1. A cry to abound and grow in knowledge
2. A plea to discern what is best
3. A call to a pure and blameless life
4. A filling of righteousness through Christ
5. A life that glorifies God

An answer to this prayer would be a transformed life.  I can't help but imagine how my life might be altered by the words of power in this prayer.  Better yet, I think I'll borrow the words and pray them as my own for myself, my family and my fellow followers of Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment