Monday, November 11, 2013

God Rewards

Saturday night caught me off guard.

"What happens when you give yourself to God?"  the Pastor questioned.  I know him to be a man of prayer, a seeker of God's face.
"He rewards you.  I know it.  I've experienced it first hand."

His words cut me like a knife and tears swelled.  An infusion of strength and grace permeated my heart with each syllable.  His wife passed away just a few months ago.  Undoubtedly he missed her terribly.  And there he stood, declaring- GOD REWARDS.

Some might become bitter and hard, wallowing in grief.  Not him. 

Looking into his eyes, I knew these were not mere words rolling from the tongue of a seasoned speaker.  No, he had lived these words.  
And they were a plea. 
A dare. 
A call to live solely for Christ. 

Strengthen me Lord, so I too, can boldly declare  you reward those who follow hard after you.
In Jesus Name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment