Tuesday, May 28, 2013

In this world...

There's one glaring dilemma with prayer.  Prayer has a transforming power.  As I get closer to God, I find myself becoming more like Him.  The problem with that is the world is full of things that break God's heart.  From indifference, to violence, to corruption, abuse, injustice, hatred, the list goes on and on.

Unfortunatly, this illumination  is downright heartbreaking and often tear wrenching.

In Matthew 5, Jesus taught that those who mourn are blessed because they will be comforted.
I have found comfort in mourning with these intimate words Jesus spoke to his disciples:

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.  John 16:33
  
Remembering all the people of  Moore, Oklahoma in prayer.

Photo credit: thedailybeast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment