Monday, December 3, 2012

A Little Surprise

My first morning, up before the crack of dawn to pray was a surprise.  I thought my attention span would be challenged.  How would I fill all that time? What would I do if I ran out of things to say?  Was this such a good idea after all?

I took a moment to prepare my heart and earnestly, wholeheartedly asked the Lord to keep my mind free from distractions as I opened my Bible for direction.  As I glanced out of the corner of my eye, I was startled to see a furry, little critter scurrying across my floor.  A mouse in the house!?  This was not off to such a good start. After a small  outburst, I quickly left the house in an attempt to evade the rodent.

I knew I could not stay in the house and talk to God without being distracted. Today would be a prayer-walk kind of day.

"Lord, get that mouse out of my house!"
Not a very holy prayer.
But VERY heartfelt.

The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.  James 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment